Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tarte for True Blood Review

I'll admit, I'm a huge fan of the show True Blood. I own every season and watch the new episodes every week. There's something quite addicting about the story-line of the show. Could it be the bad boy, Eric? Maybe! When I found out that Tarte was coming out with a True Blood collection, I was thrilled. I knew right away that I would love to get the lip stain, and check out the palette! When I finally managed to make my way to the nearest Sephora, I was happy to see that everything I wanted was still in stock. Soon after getting home, I decided to swatch and take pictures of my goodies. This is my first ever true review, so feel free to recommend things that I should be changing etc.. Here we go...

Tarte for True Blood™ Limited-Edition Palette
Price: $52.00 CDN



This amazing palette comes with 17 full sized shadows, one gel eyeliner, sample size of mascara and primer. Not even including the eyeliner, mascara or primer; you are only paying $3.00 per shadow! That's craziness!


Look at all these lovely shadows.. so awesome!


The palette fully opened. The mirror is rather large! I believe that this palette would be great for travel... it has everything you need!



Swatch time! Some of the lighter colours I couldn't seem to get accurate swatches of (such as the light, fairy and dawn) but overall, these swatches are accurate as I could possibly get.





Swatch of the eyeliner

Final Review:
The shadows are bright, and smooth. I applied my eye-shadow around 9:30AM, and it still looked fresh when I was finishing up dinner. The eyeliner was smooth in consistency, and very opaque. I personally had a difficult time using it, but I've never really have used gel liner much, so it could just be due to this. The mascara was nice, I didn't experience any clumps or "spider lashes", but I didn't find it anymore special than any other mascara I've tried. I have yet to try the primer.

Would I buy this again? Yes!

If you are interested in the palette, you can buy it here: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P290213&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5648

Next in the line up.. 

Tarte for True Blood™ Limited-Edition LipSurgence™ Natural Lip Tint
Price: $24.00 CDN


Here's a comparison of the lip tint to my skin, just to give you a bit of a better idea of the actual colour of it. It's more colour accurate than the picture above!


Before: My bare lips



After: With True Blood Lip Tint
(This is very colour accurate.. I love this tint!)

Final Review:
I really enjoy this lip tint! It's the first lip tint I've ever tried from Tarte, and it's made me fall in love. It stayed on for hours.. even through eating and drinking water. It applied much brighter than originally expected, but I love the colour! It's the perfect red. I would assume it would look different on all skin tones, and depending on how coloured your lips are to begin with. The tint applied very smoothly on my lips. The crayon-like style of packaging made it very easy to apply, and you didn't have to worry about messing up. It has a very light mint scent and flavor, which I personally don't mind, but some people may not like it! 

Would I buy this again? Most definitely!

If you are interested in this lip tint, you can buy it here: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P290212&categoryId=RPYMAL&shouldPaginate=true

I hope this review was helpful to some! I hope everyone's having a great week!
(Sorry about the alignment of some of the above text.. blogger hates me tonight! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment